Warm Mist Humidifiers vs. Cool Mist Humidifiers
Have a humidifier in your house? You might not have thought about the invaluable benefits of installing one. A humidifier is an electric appliance that supplies moisture in a room or a building. Research reveals that 40% and above humidity inactivates the influenza virus. Dry air has many adverse effects such as itchy or flaky skin, eye irritation, dry throat, allergies, unproductive coughs, sinus headaches, and bloody noses. Ventilate your room with pure air and live healthily. You may choose to buy either the warm mist humidifier or the cool mist humidifier.
The warm mist humidifier heats water until it boils in an internal system, then the vapor is released into the environment as a fine invisible mist.
Why you should buy a warm mist humidifier
• It purifies air
The warm mist humidifier boils water, killing mold and harmful bacteria that are hazardous. Thus, the air in the room is fresh.
• It is more suitable for use during winter
• It doesn’t use a fan. Hence it is not noisy like the cool mist humidifier
Demerits of warm mist humidifiers
• They are limited for functioning in small rooms such as offices and bedrooms
• Mineral deposits form on the surface during boiling making the warm mist humidifier challenging to clean
Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool mist humidifiers work by the principle of dispersing a current of room-temperature moisture into your room. According to technology, we have two types of cool mist humidifiers: the ultrasonic cool mist humidifier and the evaporative cool mist humidifier.
a) Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This type of humidifier uses ultrasonic vibration technology that creates a micro-fine cool mist. The mist gradually drifts throughout your vicinity.
b) Evaporative Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier has an internal wick filter that absorbs water, and a fan that blows out the air via the filter. Therefore, water evaporates into a room as a fine mist.
Why many users prefer the cool mist humidifier
• Cool mist humidifier prevents hot water accidents.
In residents with curious fingers, this is the best option. For example, mothers prefer cool mist humidifiers to avert the hazard of the warm mist humidifiers on their children in bedrooms and nurseries.
• The cool mist humidifiers use less electricity because there is no heating of water like in the warm mist humidifiers.
Demerits of cool mist humidifiers
• This humidifier can make the air feel slightly chilly
• The cool mist humidifiers use fans that are somewhat noisier compared to warm mist humidifiers
Do you need a soothing breeze into your room? You can now turn your dry indoor air to a comfortable environment. Warm mist humidifier or cool mist humidifier? Whichever your choice, you are right. However, if you are a parent with small kids, it is advisable to buy the cool mist humidifier. Another factor to consider is quality. There are many brands of humidifiers in the market. Thus, it is necessary to do some research and buy an appliance that is efficient and durable.